“God could not be everywhere, and therefore he made mothers”. Rudyard Kipling possibly said it best…
his beautiful description of motherhood just about manages to capture how much mothers do – the constant loving, caring and totally unassuming presence in our lives that they are. So this Mother’s Day we’ve put together a hand-selected gift guide to help you show your Mama just how much she means to you.
1. CowShed’s Udderly Gorgeous collection is the perfect treat for for Mamas who love being pampered… and there’s a mini-me collection for little critters who like to be pampered too!
Udderly Gorgeous Stretch Mark Oil | £18 | cowshedonline.com/mother-and-baby
2. Made from 100% natural ingredients, the multi-award winning Balance Me collection works naturally to sooth sensitive skin and prevent ageing. Plus, it smells divine.
Radiance Face Oil | £30 | Super Moisturising Hand Cream | £14.50 | balanceme.co.uk
3. Merci Maman is the place to go for elegant jewellery that’s simple enough to wear everyday. The Duchess of Cambridge is a fan… need we say any more?
Personalised Dog Charm | £49 | mercimamanboutique.com
4. A wise fella once said that traditions never die, and well, when it comes to flowers, he couldn’t have been more right. The Real Flower Co. create the most special bouquets that any mother would be over-the-moon to receive.
Ivory Spring Posy | Prices vary | realflowers.co.uk
5. Even if the British weather is living up to its reputation, the bright colours and pretty floral patterns of Joules’ Spring collection will turn any grey day sunny.
Clarence Silk Scarf | £39.95 | joules.com
6. Taking care of the latter part of pampering your mama from ‘head to toe’, these coral beauties are hand-made in Britain and can be tailored to any fabric or colour requests.
Nafisa Coral Shoes | £225 | adaraleigh.co.uk
7. Sharing virtually everything you own seems to be a compulsory part of being a mother – these luxury embossed stickers will let your mama claim the odd thing back. Inspired by Anya’s schoolgirl version of personalisation they can be used to sticker up anything from a handbag to a phone.
Anya Hindmarch Leather Stickers | £35 each | selfridges.com
8. We’re just going to let this bag speak for itself… So. Chic.
The Elwin in Navy | £305 | lostpropertyoflondon.com
9. Ensure your mama escapes the clutches of the kitchen this Mother’s Day, with Gail’s Artisan Bakery’s Breakfast in Bed. Delicious goodies including mouth-wateringly good patisseries, home-made granola, yogurts and fresh fruit all delivered straight to your door.
Gail’s Delivery | Prices vary | gailsdelivery.co.uk
10. Beautiful candles are something that she might not treat herself to, and these Wick and Tallow are wonderfully individual with fragrances ranging from Bergamot and Basil to Jasmine & Ylang Ylang.
Lavender & Ginger | £35 | wickandtallow.com
11. A little piece of luxury to carry her around with – personalise with a gold embossed message on the front and make it truly special.
Bespoke Small Loose Pocket | £135 | anyahindmarch.com
12. This Beatrix Potter print is too cute and is ideal for any Mama whose sprucing up a little person’s nursery. I Love You Mummy | £25 | artyougrewupwith.com
13. A keen baker will love these rolling pins. Personalise with whatever takes your fancy, but we’re thinking “Made By Mum” is rather fitting!
Personalised Rolling Pin | £39 | theoakandropecompany.co.uk