Tom Hardy is making his CBeebies Bedtime Stories comeback as he returns for a whole week of new stories from Monday 27 April.
It’s time to cancel all (digital) plans you may have for the week commencing 27th April, because you are going to be spending your evenings with Tom Hardy.
Yep, that’s right. The actor – and most popular CBeebies Bedtime Stories reader ever – is back with six brand-new stories for
you your little ones to snuggle down with.
Tom Hardy first appeared on CBeebies back in 2016 and since then his Bedtime Stories have been requested over one million times on BBC iPlayer.
It’s no secret we’ve all been facing challenges during the coronavirus lockdown, and it’s been particularly tough for many parents trying to keep their little ones entertained while we’re all stuck indoors. There are only so many episodes of In The Night Garden we can stomach, right?
Stepping in to the rescue and keen to play his part in keeping kids up and down the country entertained, Tom will read a new story every day from Monday 27 April until Friday 1 May. He also has a sixth and final story yet to be confirmed.
Accompanied on occasion by his adorable French bulldog, Blue, Tom Hardy’s new bedtime stories were filmed in his garden at home, in line with the social distancing guidelines, of course.
His first story, Hug Me, by Simone Ciraolo will air at 6.50pm on Monday 27 April on CBeebies. It is about Felipe the young cactus who really needs a hug but his family just isn’t the touchy-feely kind so he sets off to find a friend of his own – and a hug.
Tom opens the story by saying: “Hello. I’m Tom. Sometimes, on a day like this, I feel strong and happy. But on other days, I just need somebody to give me a hug. Tonight’s bedtime story is all about a little cactus called Felipe, who just wants a hug too.”
He concludes the story by reassuring little viewers: “So, in the end Felipe found someone to hug. It’s not always possible to hug the ones that you love. But they’re always there, in your heart.”
Once this is over, we’ll be first in line give Tom Hardy a hug…
Other stories in the week-long line-up are as follows
- Tuesday 28 April: Under the Same Sky by Robert Vescio and Nicky Johnston; a story about two children on opposite sides of the world who crave friendship. Is it possible to be friends across the miles?
- Wednesday 29 April: There’s a Tiger in the Garden by Lizzy Stewart. This is about the power of imagination being able to take you anywhere, even for Nora who doesn’t believe her Grandma when she says she’s seen a tiger in the garden.
- Thursday 30 April: Don’t Worry, Little Crab by Chris Haughton. This story has a message about mustering the courage to try something new. It’s about how saying ‘don’t worry, I’m here’ can help tentative little crabs discover the brilliant worlds that await when they take the plunge.
- Friday 1 May: ‘Tom Week’ concludes with The Problem with Problems by Rachel Rooney and Zehra Hicks. This tells the bold, humorous and insightful story about how to deal with problems.
Cheryl Taylor, Head of Content a BtBC Children, said: “It goes without saying how thrilled we are to have Tom reading more stories for us. It’s during challenging times like this that the BBC serves its purpose to entertain the whole of the UK and these new stories are guaranteed to do just that with their themes of long distance friendship, sharing problems and true courage in overcoming seemingly impossible challenges.”
CBeebies Bedtime Stories in on each weekday at 6.50pm on the CBeebies channel and is also available on BBC iPlayer.
- How to Stay Sane Whilst Stuck at Home With Baby
- The Best Books to Read to Baby
- McFly’s Tom Fletcher Talks Children’s Books and Baby Brands