Certain to delight everyone round the dinner table, this spiced winter goulash is the perfect recipe now that the colder weather is upon us.
Our friends at Piccolo have created this wonderful goulash, with wintery spices that add a real festive flavour to the sauce, which tastes fantastic with either rice or pasta. Plus, it’s a great way to get in the festive spirit that little bit earlier!
Suitable for: Mums at any stage of pregnancy (ensure beef is well-done, not medium or rare). Suitable for babies from 10 months.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking: 1 hour
Spiced Winter Goulash With Pasta Recipe
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 small garlic clove, crushed
- 1 carrot, peeled and chopped
- 4 tsp plain flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Pinch mixed spice
- Pinch freshly grated nutmeg
- 400g lean braising steak, finely sliced
- 300ml passata
- 1 Piccolo beef stock cube
- 50g pasta pieces
- Heat the oil in a small heavy-based casserole dish.
- Gently fry the onion until lightly browned. Meanwhile, on a plate mix the flour and spices together, tip the meat pieces onto the plate and roll around to cover them in the mix. Add the coated meat to the casserole dish and brown all over.
- Once the meat is browned, add the carrot pieces and fry for another minute before pouring over the passata and crumbled stock cube.
- Stir, cover, and heat gently, stirring occasionally, and adding a little water if drying out, for one hour or until the meat is tender. When nearly cooked, boil the pasta. Blend the goulash to a suitable texture and serve with the cooked pasta pieces.
Piccolo Organic makes healthy (and very tasty) baby meals, cooking products and snacks to help you get the balance right every day. The brand is partnered with City Harvest and Little Village, and gives 10% of its profits to charity. Available in all major retailers and its online store. www.mylittlepiccolo.com
- Festive Recipe: Christmas Robin Biscuits
- 10 Fail-Safe Tips for Weaning Success
- 10 of the Most Common Pregnancy Questions (and the Answers you Need)