The summer evenings are here to stay, and nothing beats a meal that’s quick and easy to whip up! Our friends at Piccolo have shared their vegetarian burger recipe packed with sleep supporting ingredients like oats, chickpeas, and sweet potato. Make additional burgers and freeze for later use, as they also make great meals for toddlers!
Suitable for: new parents and babies from 12 months
Preparation: 20 minutes
Cooking: 10 minutes
Allergens: dairy and oats
- 150g full fat natural yoghurt or unsweetened non-dairy yoghurt
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 1 good squeeze lemon juice
For the veggie burgers
- 1 x Piccolo vegetarian stock cube, crumbled
- 100g sweet potato
- 400g tin chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 25g porridge oats
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Sundried Tomatoes
- To make the tahini sauce, mix the ingredients together in a small bowl. Cover and set aside to allow the flavours to mingle.
- If you have a microwave, microwave the sweet potatoes for 6-8 minutes until soft. Once cooked, scrap out the insides of the potatoes and add to a food processor. If you do not have a microwave, simply grate the potatoes into the processor. Add all the other ingredients into the food processor. Blend on the pulse setting until the mixture comes together to make a thick, but not totally smooth, paste.
- Divide the burger mixture into four even pieces and roll into balls. Flatten into burger shapes.
- Brush a large non-stick frying pan with a little oil and fry the burgers over a medium heat for 5–6 minutes on each side, or until nicely browned and hot through.
- Serve the burgers in warmed pitta bread with salad and the tahini sauce.
Piccolo Organic makes healthy (and very tasty) baby meals, cooking products and snacks to help you get the balance right every day. The brand is partnered with City Harvest and Little Village, and gives 10% of its profits to charity. Available in all major retailers and its online store. www.mylittlepiccolo.com