This mild chicken curry is a brilliant addition to your weaning menu – especially if you like mild, yet flavourful, recipes that the whole family can enjoy. They’re also a great bit of comfort food during the colder months!
Makes: 4 portions
Suitable from: 10 months
Prep: 15 minutes
Cooking: 25 minutes
Suitable for: freezing
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 skinless chicken breast or thigh, cut into 1cm cubes
- 1 tsp cumin
- Pinch curry powder or garam masala
- 1 tsp paprika
- 3 medium ripe tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 300ml unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 tbsp desiccated coconut
- 80g frozen or fresh broccoli florets chopped small
- Heat the oil in a heavy based casserole dish, add the onion and stir-fry on medium-low heat for 3-4mins until soft and golden.
- Add the chicken, cumin, paprika and curry or garam masala powder and fry until the chicken is browned all over.
- Add the tomato pieces and garlic and continue to stir-fry for a further 2-3mins.
- Add the coconut milk, desiccated coconut and broccoli florets and simmer on low heat for a further 8 -10mins, stirring occasionally until the chicken is tender. If at any point the curry looks dry, add a little extra water and continue to simmer.
- Chop the chicken to the appropriate lump size for your baby and serve with cooked rice or pasta.
Piccolo makes healthy (and very tasty) organic baby meals, cooking products and snacks packed with fruit and veg, making it easy for parents to give their families a nutritious start in life and promote a lifetime of healthy eating. The brand is partnered with City Harvest and gives 10% of its profits to charity. Available in all major retailers and its online store. www.mylittlepiccolo.com.