We’re still trying to soak up the last few days of summer, and what better way to do it than with a burger recipe the whole family can enjoy? Quick and easy to prepare, these home-made burgers also freeze beautifully and are much healthier than shop-bought options.
Serves: Makes 6 portions
Preparation: 10 minutes
Cooking: 15 minutes
Suitable: from 12 months (6 months for the burger on its own) and suitable for freezing
- 450g lean beef mince
- 1 small eating apple, peeled, chopped and grated
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp marmite (optional for children over 12 months)
- 1 Piccolo beef stock cube
- 25 g fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- In a large bowl add the minced beef, grated apple, herbs, crumbled stock cube, marmite if using, egg and breadcrumbs. Mix until well combined.
- Divide into 6 portions and shape into burgers, pressing the patties tightly together. Dust the burgers with the flour.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the burgers over a medium heat for about 6-8 minutes each side, until cooked through.
To serve: 4 burger buns, rolls or bread muffins, sliced tomatoes and lettuce, relish or pickles, sweet potato wedges.
Piccolo Organic makes healthy (and very tasty) baby meals, cooking products and snacks to help you get the balance right every day. The brand is partnered with City Harvest and Little Village, and gives 10% of its profits to charity. Available in all major retailers and its online store. www.mylittlepiccolo.com