Is there anything better than a quick and easy to prepare dinner after a long day? Our friends at Piccolo have shared their versatile Minestrone Soup recipe, perfect for chilly evenings when you’re in a pinch for time. Add in Piccolo’s tricolore pasta shells so the soup can be enjoyed by the whole family!
Preparation: 10 minutes
Cooking: 25 minutes
Suitable: from 10 months
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 2 rashers high welfare streaky bacon chopped(optional)
- 1 carrot, peeled and chopped
- 1 courgette, chopped
- ½ teaspoon fresh or dried oregano
- 400 g can chopped tomatoes
- 400 g can cannelloni beans rinsed and drained
- 1 litre chicken stock or vegetable stock
- 250 g frozen mixed vegetables
- 75 g wholemeal pasta
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Parmesan cheese to serve
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan and add the onion, sauté for 5 minutes until softened.
- Add the garlic and bacon and fry for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir in the chopped carrot and courgette and fry for a few minutes before adding in the tomatoes and stock.
- Bring to the boil.
- Once boiling, add the beans and frozen vegetables and bring back to the boil.
- Stir Piccolo’s tricolore pasta shells into the pan.
- Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Spoon into warm bowls and sprinkle with parmesan cheese before serving
Piccolo makes healthy (and very tasty) organic baby meals, cooking products and snacks packed with fruit and veg, making it easy for parents to give their families a nutritious start in life and promote a lifetime of healthy eating. The brand is partnered with City Harvest and gives 10% of its profits to charity. Available in all major retailers and its online store. www.mylittlepiccolo.com.