Don’t miss your chance to pocket a book from the Mr Men and Little Miss series on its country-wide tour – all in aid of getting kids to read more often
Mr Men and Little Miss, the loveable characters created by Roger Hargreaves way back in 1971, are famous worldwide for their cheeky personalities and adventures with each other. There’s a cast of over 90 characters, with a book sold somewhere in the world every 2.5 seconds. And the fun still continues; since Roger’s death in 1988, his son Adam has been at the helm, and still writes and illustrates new stories to this day. If you haven’t introduced your kids to their magical world yet, this summer offers the perfect opportunity.
Research from National Literacy Trust has found that a shocking 78.2% of children in the UK don’t read with someone at home, yet those who do feel happier and calmer. Currently, only six in 10 children say that they enjoy reading, something that this campaign from Mr Men wants to change by creating reading opportunities outside of school.
Mr Men and Little Miss, in partnership with the kids’ vitamin brand Haliborange, is giving away 10,000 free books across the country from 28th August to 1st September in an initiative to help improve literacy, cognitive development and encourage more reading opportunities for children everywhere. The ‘bookmobile’ will be visiting five cities across England along with a life-size Mr Strong, activities for kids as well as free books and vitamins.
Fancy heading down? Here’s where you’ll find the team…
- Tuesday 28thAugust: London (South Bank near Gabriel’s Pier) – from 10am
- Wednesday 29th August: Bradford (City Park, Next to Bradford City Hall) – from 10am
- Thursday 30th August: Manchester (St. Peter’s Square, outside Central Library)– from 10am
- Friday 31st August: Nottingham (Speaker’s corner in the Market Square) – from 10am
- Saturday 1st September: Peterborough (outside Queensgate Shopping Centre) – from 10am