The Little London Awards are BACK for 2017, and we need your votes! Here, we look at two of the categories in a little more detail; best baby essential and nursery necessity
With so many baby products on the market, deciding what you need to buy to help give your little one the best start in life can be daunting. This award will recognise the very best baby essential, from accessories to healthcare. Here’s a breakdown of the 23 nominees…
1. Little’un Baby Box – These Baby Boxes are inspired by a 75-year tradition in Finland where every mother-to-be receives a ‘maternity box’. The box itself acts as a safe, portable, lightweight crib, but also contains other essential items for mum and baby.
2. BabyBjorn Baby Carrier One – The BABYBJÖRN Baby Carrier One features luxurious padding in the shoulder straps, an ergonomically correct wide leg position, lockable zips and a sturdier waist belt for improved pressure relief.
3. Childs Farm baby moisturiser – Childs Farm uses natural ‘free-from’ ingredients and essential oils to produce a range of mild, kind and delicious-smelling toiletries that care for the hair and skin of newborns, babies and children, even those with sensitive and eczema-prone skin.
4. Green People Organic Children Sticky Hand Sanitiser (100ml) – Naturally sanitise sticky fingers, faces, toys and high chairs with Green People Organic Children Sticky Hand Sanitiser. It cleans dirt, grime and germs with a squirt, and there’s no need for water – so perfect for days out!
5. Huggies Little Swimmers – HUGGIES® Little Swimmers®, the UK’s number one swim pants, lets families splash around together with the complete confidence that their fun won’t be interrupted by any little accidents.
6. Huggies Pull-Ups training pants – HUGGIES® Pull-Ups® training pants are designed to help make potty training easier. Designed to look like real underwear, the stretchy sides support little ones in mastering the basics. Unlike nappies, these sides are easy-open and resealable, making it easy to check for accidents.
7. Kit & Kin Biodegradable Nappies – Approved by dermatologists, Kit & Kin is the biodegradable nappy with premium performance. Featuring a part-natural high-tech absorbent core, Kit & Kin helps protect your baby’s soft delicate skin and safeguard it from sensitive skin problems.
8. Kokoso Baby coconut oil – Keep delicate young skin beautifully moisturised and baby-soft with Kokoso Baby’s premium organic coconut oil. Packed with nourishing natural nutrients and skin-loving fatty acids, this magical multipurpose moisturiser is an essential for baby’s skincare regime.
9. Matchstick Monkey teething toy – For teething made simple, Matchstick Monkey is quickly becoming parents’ and babies’ favourite choice for fast, fun and pain-free teething. Available in bright, bold colours that little people will adore.
10. Medela Swing Essentials – The Medela Swing Essentials pack includes everything you need to pump, feed, store and clean, and includes Medela’s award-winning two-phase Swing Electric Breast Pump.
11. Motorola / MBP855 Connect – Take this portable, battery-powered camera monitor with you around the house to watch your baby, and see the whole room clearly day or night, with remote motorised pan, tilt, and zoom and infrared night vision on the large 5-inch curved screen.
12. Motorola MBP36XL – Rest assured that your little one is always safe and sound with the MBP36XL Portable Video Baby Monitor. Keep an eye on things with the ergonomic parent unit, which boasts a large 5″ diagonal colour screen and an impressive 300m range.
13. Mustela UK – Mustela, a brand from the French Laboratoires Expanscience, has been steadily investing for more than 60 years in dermatological research and has conducted the first study worldwide on the physiology of the baby’s skin.
14. Nelsons Teetha Teething Granules – Nelsons Teetha Teething Granules are a homeopathic medicinal product used within the homeopathic tradition for the symptomatic relief of teething pain and the symptoms associated with teething which are sore and tender gums, flushed cheeks and dribbling.
15. OptiBac Probiotic for babies and children – Good to use from birth until 12 years, OptiBac Probiotics for Babies & Children will help to treat and prevent colic, reflux, childhood eczema. They’re also known to improve vitamin absorption, produce enzymes to help breakdown dairy and prevent intolerances.
16. Sleepyhead of Sweden / Sleepyhead Deluxe – Sleepyhead® is the ultimate newborn must-have (preemies included). Highly-portable, Sleepyhead® can be used around-the-house, on-the-go or when travelling, and is suitable for co-sleeping, tummy time, lounge, rest and play.
17. Smalls Merino Swaddle – Smalls is a British designed range of the softest, everyday luxe Merino essentials with gorgeous, subtle detailing that’s great as outerwear too. Smalls super Merino Swaddle is machine washable and breathes like a second skin, keeping your baby and child warm in winter and cool in summer.
18. SNUGBAGS Merino Sleeping Bags – SNUGBAGS™ award-winning merino sleeping bags ensure better sleep for baby and peace of mind for parents. Handmade in New Zealand to the highest quality and safety standards, SNUGBAGS sleeping bags are beautifully made to keep your little one warm and snug.
19. Sophie la Girafe Cosmetics, SOS Cream – Sophie la Girafe SOS Cream is a rich multi-usage cream for the face and body that leaves a protective layer to prevent moisture evaporation, skin irritation and flaking.
20. Stokke Tripp Trapp – The Tripp Trapp® is an ingenious highchair that revolutionised the children’s chair category back in 1972 when it was first launched. It is designed to fit right up to your dining table, bringing your baby into the heart of your family, allowing him or her to learn and develop alongside you.
21. Splash About New Improved Happy Nappy – New for 2017, Splash About has designed the most reliable, reusable baby swim nappy on the market, the New Improved Happy Nappy. Fully-tested and approved by UK swim-schools the Happy Nappy offers maximum protection against faecal leaks due to its ergonomic design.
22. The Clever Sleeping Bag – Baby’s health and future is MORI’s priority, and that’s why everything is crafted from natural and environmentally conscious fabrics that keep baby comfortable to help them sleep better. The bestselling Clever Sleeping Bag is praised by new parents for helping their little ones to sleep for longer.
23. The Little Green Sheep Organic Mattress Protector – Super soft and comfortable, not crinkly or crunchy like many other mattress protectors, The Little Green Sheep’s much-loved Organic Mattress Protector has been crafted using luxurious organic cotton layers creating a dry, comfortable and safe sleep space for baby.
From stylish and practical furniture and interior décor to the most reliable safety products, this award will recognise those nursery necessities that make our lives so much easier. Here are the nine nominees to choose from…
1. Belo + Me wardrobe dividers – Belo + Me wardrobe dividers are a cute and effortless way to organise baby’s clothes by age. Each pack of seven includes sizes from newborn up to two years and are available in a range of designs. A must-have for any stylish nursery.
2. Ethaca’s sofa bed / merry-go-round – This sofa bed can be turned into a merry-go-round in just a few, simple steps and is part of Ethaca’s Fun House furniture collection. The range also includes a bookcase/slide, a bench/seesaw and a dinner table/table tennis.
3. Katie Bourne children’s wallpapers – Katie Bourne Interiors designs and makes high-quality children’s wallpaper for bedrooms, playrooms and nurseries. The brand’s passion is to create wallpapers with a feeling of classic storytelling – papers which invite children’s imaginations and enable them to create their own bedtime adventures.
4. Matchstick Monkey teething toy – This is not just a chewy toy like most other teethers; Matchstick Monkey has specially designed bumps on the back of the head helping get your chosen gels, granules or oils to the source of the teething pain, effectively reaching past those front teeth enabling effective medication of the side and back gums.
5. Naturalmat Coco Mat – The Coco Mat mattress is handmade in Devon using organic materials which are naturally breathable and self-ventilating. This helps baby regulate their body temperature and sleep comfortably. The mattress is hypoallergenic, chemical free and naturally anti-dust mite.
6. Noé & Zoë – Founder and designer Nici Zinell, who has a creative background in movies and theatre, uses organic cotton in most of her collections to ensure babies and children are dressed in only the best possible materials. All the products are designed in Berlin and manufactured with love in Portugal.
7. Ooh Noo alphabet blocks – These wooden blocks are properly old-school and feature all the letters of the alphabet in their very own pure linen sack. On top of that, Ooh Noo has added the numbers 0-9, too. The young ones can stack them, count them, learn the letters and spell their first word.
8. Ooh Noo rocking horse – This rocking horse is designed to provide fun, safety and comfort: it is soft and appealing, very well cushioned, extremely difficult to overturn, sturdy, and all of its surfaces are well-rounded. Even the youngest children will be able to enjoy this sweet toy.
9. Sleepyhead of Sweden / Sleepyhead Deluxe – Sleepyhead® is the ultimate newborn must-have (preemies included). Highly-portable, Sleepyhead® can be used around-the-house, on-the-go or when travelling, and is suitable for co-sleeping, tummy time, lounge, rest and play.
Got all of that? Great! If you think you’ve made your mind up, you can cast your all-important vote by clicking HERE.