We’re firm believers that there’s no problem so big a delicious bowl of pesto pasta can’t fix. This baby pasta and homemade pesto recipe from Piccolo is an absolute winner.
Ever thought of making your own pesto? Our friends at Piccolo have shared their easy and delicious pesto recipe. Whilst shop bought pesto is a time saving lifesaver, making your own pesto is actually very quick, and means you can cram in extra greens in a super tasty way! Adding ingredients like cooked peas to this recipe really helps to bulk it out and add some natural sweetness.
The pesto can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for 2-3 days, or freeze in ice cube container for later use, and Piccolo’s adorable baby pasta is a real crowd-pleaser.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking: 15 minutes
Makes: 4 portions
Suitable from: 8 months
Pesto suitable for freezing
Piccolo’s Baby Pasta with Kale and Pea Pesto
- 60g frozen peas
- 100g Piccolo Baby Pasta shapes (Mini Stars, Little Butterflies or Tricolore Shells – depending on your baby’s age)
- 100g fresh kale or spinach
- 60g fresh basil
- 40g grated Parmesan
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 50ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp full fat Greek yoghurt
- Cook the peas in a large pan of boiling water. Once cooked drain and save the water for the pasta
- Put the water back into the pan and bring back to the boil. Then add the pasta and cook according to the pasta’s instructions
- While the Baby Pasta is cooking, add all the remaining ingredients to a blender. Add in the cooked peas and blend to a smooth puree. If it needs more liquid, add a glug more of olive oil
- Once the pasta is cooked, drain and use what you need for your baby with a tbsp of the pesto
Piccolo Organic makes healthy (and very tasty) baby meals, cooking products and snacks to help you get the balance right every day. The brand is partnered with City Harvest and Little Village, and gives 10% of its profits to charity. Available in all major retailers and its online store, www.mylittlepiccolo.com, as individual bundles and its new, personalised subscription service.