Make a big batch of this greek bean and feta salad to keep in the fridge for a couple of days and serve with a green salad, pile high on oatcakes for a snack or serve with some cooked fish or chicken for dinner. Perfect for warm evenings in the garden now that summer are nights are fast approaching!
Suitable for: Breastfeeding and from 12 months. The dip is suitable from 6 months
Preparation: 15 minutes
- 400g tin butter beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 2 tbsp full fat yoghurt
- 100g feta, crumbled
- 1 garlic clove
- For the salsa
- 6 cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 80g Piccolo tomato sauce (optional)
- ½ cucumber, finely diced
- 10 pitted green olives, chopped
- 1 spring onion, finely chopped
- A few mint or parsley leaves, finely chopped
- Tip the beans, lemon juice, yoghurt, 50g feta and the garlic into a bowl and blitz with a hand blender or in a food processor to make a paste.
- Stir in the remaining feta and spoon the mixture into a bowl.
- To make the salsa, stir all the ingredients together with the herbs and sauce, if using. The salsa and dip will keep, chilled, in an airtight container for 2-3 days.
- To eat, serve on top of a green salad, spread onto toasted pitta breads or oatcakes or top on cooked fish or chicken.
Piccolo Organic makes healthy (and very tasty) baby meals, cooking products and snacks to help you get the balance right every day. The brand is partnered with City Harvest and Little Village, and gives 10% of its profits to charity. Available in all major retailers and its online store. www.mylittlepiccolo.com