If you have a toddler (or fancy a treat yourself) check out Annabel Karmel’s scrumptious Snowman Cupcakes – just the thing for getting in the festive spirit!
[quote_box_right]Ingredients – Base
125g butter (at room temperature) or margarine
125g caster sugar
½ tsp lemon zest
125g self-raising flour
¼ tsp baking powder
Ingredients – Topping
500g vanilla buttercream
20 chocolate chips
50g orange fondant icing (or you
can colour white fondant orange)
A little milk chocolate
Edible silver baubles [/quote_box_right]
• Pre-heat the oven to 160C fan/180C/Gas 4. Line a muffin tin with 8 paper cases.
• Put the butter, sugar, lemon zest, flour, egg and baking powder into a bowl and beat in an electric food mixer until smooth.
• Divide the mixture between the paper cases and cook in the oven for about 20 minutes or until golden and springy to touch.
• Remove from the oven and cool in the tin for a few minutes, then transfer the cupcakes to a wire rack to cool completely.
• While cooling, make the arms from the Matchmakers. Cut off a short length and then reattach it using a little melted chocolate as seen in the photo.
• Take small amounts of the orange fondant icing and roll into carrot noses.
• Once the cupcakes are cool, pipe on the buttercream. Add chocolate chips for eyes, a fondant carrot for the nose and baubles for the mouth. Add the Matchmaker arms.
For more recipe inspiration download Annabel’s Essential Guide to Feeding Your Baby & Toddler app. Access more than 200 delicious recipes, as well as a host of features to keep your family on track and enjoying meal times. Download the new version from the App Store now or visit annabelkarmel.com