Struggling to decide on a baby name? Why not be inspired by mother nature with these bloomin’ beautiful flower baby names for both girls and boys.
No-one can deny the allure of a beautiful flower – they charm us all and are bought the world over to celebrate special occasions or cheer us in sadder times. It seems fitting, then, that flower baby names are often choses as popular monikers for beautiful new arrivals in the family.
From the ever-popular choices such as Rose and Daisy, to more unusual names such as Lotus, we round up the top flower baby names for both boys and girls for a little baby name inspiration as we head towards Spring.
Classic Flower Baby Names
- Rose / Rosemary / Rosie
Contemporary Flower Names
Flower Names for Boys
Baby Names Inspired by Trees and Plants
- Fern / Fearne
Celebrities Who Chose Flower Baby Names
It’s a truth universally acknowledges that a celebrity power couple must choose an impossibly unusual, and sometimes downright strange, baby name for their famous bundles of joy (Apple, anyone?). Flower baby names are often popular among the celeb set – and these are some of the most beautiful and unique.
- Beyonce and Jay-Z named their first child Blue Ivy.
- Johnny Depp and Vanessa Paradis named their daughter Lily-Rose.
- Jude Law and Sadie Frost named their only daughter Iris in 2000, back when it was nowhere near as popular as it is today.
- Jamie and Jules Oliver‘s three daughters all have floral-themed names; Poppy Honey Rosie, Daisy and Petal Blossom.
- Geri Halliwell’s daughter with screenwriter and director Sacha Gervasi is named Bluebell.