Don’t let your bump get in the way of a good time. The Style Alchemy founder, Sam Jones, gives her eight tips on dressing for a night out…
1. Unless you’re about to drop, then wear a pair of amazing heels. They’ll lift your spirits and make you feel instantly glamorous again. Taxis and seating at the party a must!
2. You can’t over accessorise. Wearing a great statement necklace, a gorgeous cuff, an oversized clutch and of course some jazzy shoes will look fabulous with your bump in tow. And it also means you can keep your outfit simple and let the accessories do the talking.
4. Don’t be afraid to wear leggings. Make sure they aren’t looking tired though (no bags at the knees). Wear with heels (strappy sandals or ankle boots) and team with an oversized top, long enough to reach mid thigh. Don’t experiment with colour – black only please.
5. Don’t be tempted to show off too much cleavage. A deep V creates a great line, but make sure it’s not stretched over your ever-expanding bosom.
6. Dresses should be fuss free. Keep the detailing to a minimum. All eyes are on the bump, you don’t need a bold print (thanks for confirming that Kim Kardashian) or a load of diamante to cause confusion.
7. Maxi dresses are a fail safe. You can’t go wrong, just make sure it’s long enough and floaty enough. It should also be cinched just above the bump to give you a flattering shape. Wear with dressy flats.
8. And finally, a black tux will finish off most outfits. Wear with an oversized silky tunic mini dress and a pair of opaque black tights and heeled booties, or go masculine chic with a long white maternity shirt, a pair of black leggings and a polished Chelsea boot. A red lip is a must.
For more style tips visit: thestylealchemy.com. Happy partying!