Our friends at Piccolo have shared a speedy meal for the whole family: super quick and perfect for all the family. If you don’t have time to make individual fritters, just take out the flour and add a couple more eggs to make individual omelettes, they work just as well!
Tip: Fritters can be made with any variety of vegetables or cheeses. Try grated carrot and spring onion with cheddar, or mushroom and ham with mozzarella. You can even make fruity ones. Try adding chopped apple and cinnamon!
Makes: 4 portions
Suitable from: 10 months
Prep: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes
Not suitable for freezing
- 50g plain flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 medium courgette, grated
- 50g tinned or frozen (and defrosted) sweetcorn, drained
- 50g feta
- pinch of freshly chopped parsley (optional)
- splash of Milk
- 2 tsp Olive oil
- In a bowl whisk together the flour and eggs. Add the grated courgette, sweetcorn, parsley and crumble in the feta.
- Then start adding the milk a little at a time until you have a thick batter.
- Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a frying pan and drop in a tablespoon of the batter and cook for a few minutes on each side until golden.
- Serve immediately. You can serve with a chopped cucumber, tomato and parsley salad or for toddlers just some cooked peas.
Piccolo makes healthy (and very tasty) organic baby meals, cooking products and snacks packed with fruit and veg, making it easy for parents to give their families a nutritious start in life and promote a lifetime of healthy eating. The brand is partnered with City Harvest and gives 10% of its profits to charity. Available in all major retailers and its online store. www.mylittlepiccolo.com.