With cold weather fast approaching, nothing can be more comforting than baked apples. A perfect pudding or snack on their own or served with yoghurt, toasted oats, or ice cream.
- Serves: 6
- Prep: 15 minutes
- Cooking: 30 minutes
- Suitable from: 8 months
- Suitable for freezing
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Wash and dry the apples, then cut into 2cm thick slices. Keeping the skin on is optional
- Place in a lidded baking dish slow cooker, add the rest on of the ingredients and toss until apples are coated in the mixture.
- Cover the dish and bake for 30-35 minutes or until apples are tender
- While the apples are cooking, to make the oat topping, in a bowl mix all the topping ingredients until all the oats are coated.
- On a lined baking sheet spread out the oat mix and bake in the oven with the apples for 10-12 minutes until golden. Remove from the oven and set aside.
- Once the apples are cooked, let stand for 10 minutes then gently mix the apples, covering them with the juice that has formed on the bottom. Serve warm with the oat topping.
Piccolo makes healthy (and very tasty) organic baby meals, cooking products and snacks packed with fruit and veg, making it easy for parents to give their families a nutritious start in life and promote a lifetime of healthy eating. The brand is partnered with City Harvest and gives 10% of its profits to charity. Available in all major retailers and its online store. www.mylittlepiccolo.com.