Searching for an easy to transport, yet nutritious meal for family days out this summer? Look no further than this vegetable couscous recipe, filled with goodness.
Our friends at Piccolo have shared their vegetable couscous recipe filled with greens and goodness for your growing family. The ideal meal to have on hand to keep you and your little ones fuelled for the many adventures the summer holidays have in store.
Veggie couscous is easy to prepare and can be used as a base for a healthy salad that can contain whichever veg you have to hand. It is easily adaptable to your little one’s veggie preferences and a great way to sneak in some extra greens!
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Makes: 2 portions
Suitable from: 12 months
Suitable for freezing
Piccolo’s Vegetable Coucous Recipe
- 50g couscous
- 1 Piccolo vegetable stock cube
- 75ml boiling water
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Squeeze of lemon juice
- 3 cherry tomatoes. chopped
- 2 inch piece of cucumber, chopped into pieces
- 25g sweetcorn
- 1 spring onion, finely diced
- While the kettle is boiling, chop all the vegetables into small pieces.
- Place the couscous in a large heat proof bowl.
- In a mug, crumble the stock cube and pour over the boiling water, mixing to dissolve.
- In the bowl with couscous, add the boiling water with dissolved stock cube, a squeeze of lemon juice, and the olive oil.
- Mix together and place a tea towel over the bowl.
- Set aside for five minutes.
- Once cooked, fluff up the couscous with a fork add the vegetables and stir well. If you want to add herbs, nuts, olives or dried fruits, stir these in, too.
Piccolo Organic makes healthy (and very tasty) baby meals, cooking products and snacks to help you get the balance right every day. The brand is partnered with City Harvest and Little Village, and gives 10% of its profits to charity. Available in all major retailers and its online store, www.mylittlepiccolo.com, as individual bundles and its new, personalised subscription service.