With autumnal weather and the little ones back at nursery and school, what better way to keep evenings simple than with a quick and tasty bowl of noodle soup? Keep hungry tummies full with our friends at Piccolo’s Chicken Noodle Soup recipe. You can easily double up the recipe and freeze for later – the perfect way to get dinner sorted in advance.
Suitable for: New parents and from 10 months
Preparation: 20 minutes
Cooking: 20 minutes
- 1 tsp olive oil
- ½ onion, peeled & finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 carrot, peeled & finely chopped
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 150ml water
- 1 cube of chicken stock
- 1 skinless chicken thigh or breast, chopped
- 50g fine noodles or Piccolo baby pasta
- 1 teaspoon thyme, chopped
- Heat the oil in a large, lidded saucepan. Once hot, add the onions and cook for a few minutes before adding the garlic. Cook until starting to go translucent.
- Add the carrots and celery to the onion mix and continue to cook for a few more minutes.
- Add the chicken pieces and brown on all sides while you prepare the stock. Mix the boiling water in a jug with the stock cube until there are no lumps left.
- Pop the thyme into the pan and mix. Then bring to the boil and reduce the heat to medium-low.
- Add the noodles or pasta and simmer until the chicken and pasta is cooked through and tender, about 15 minutes.
- If needed, you can transfer to a food processor and purée until smooth
Piccolo makes healthy (and very tasty) organic baby meals, cooking products and snacks packed with fruit and veg, making it easy for parents to give their families a nutritious start in life and promote a lifetime of healthy eating. The brand is partnered with City Harvest and gives 10% of its profits to charity. Available in all major retailers and its online store. www.mylittlepiccolo.com.