With the weather heating up, what better way to cool off than with a refreshing watermelon ice lolly!
Our friends at Piccolo have shared their beetroot and watermelon ice lolly recipe so you can give your little one a chilled treat without any of the nasties.
The beetroot at watermelon ice lollies are perfect for summer and a great option for older babies, especially if your little one is teething.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Makes: 6 lollies
Suitable from 6 months as a puree
Suitable for freezing
Beetroot and Watermelon Ice Lollies
- 1 medium cooked, peeled beetroot (use ready cooked plain vacuum-packed beetroot or roasted beetroot)
- 400g ripe cantaloupe or watermelon, cut into chunks, skin and any seeds removed
- 100g frozen strawberries
- 100g full fat yoghurt
- In a blender, combine all the ingredients until a smooth puree.
- Fill lolly moulds. Freeze for a minimum of four hours, or ideally overnight.
- When ready to eat, run the moulds under hot water for 10 seconds before gently removing from the moulds.